[Haskell] Re: Making Haskell more open

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Fri Nov 11 08:43:07 EST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 10. November 2005 19:57 schrieb Ben Moseley:
> Simon Peyton-Jones <simonpj <at> microsoft.com> writes:
> >  ... And avoid
> >   getting screwed up by malicious folk?
>
> Probably the biggest example of this type of thing working well on
> a large scale is Wikipedia. I'm not intimately familiar with the process
> they use, but I believe there are a number of people who regularly
> review all the "Recent Changes" and undertake to 'undo' any
> malicious/inaccurate modifications.

I cannot imagine that a couple of people is sufficient to review all recent
changes and therefore I don't think they do it this way.  There are some
typical articles where screwing up happens often, so these articles might be
regularily revisited.  Screwing up of articles might as well be removed by
ordinary people who discover ugly things in articles by accident.

> [...]

Best wishes,
Wolfgang