[Haskell] Re: error rebuilding ghc-6.4

Volker Stolz stolz at i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon May 30 03:00:44 EDT 2005

* vadim <vadim at vkonovalov.ru>:
> when trying to rebuild ghc-6.4 from source, I fall into following error:
> gcc -o hp2ps -O -I../../includes -Wall       AreaBelow.o AuxFile.o
> Axes.o Curves.o Deviation.o DimensiDeviation.o(.text+0x316): In function
> `Deviation':
>: undefined reference to `sqrt'

For some reason you might be missing the LIBM=-lm in mk/config.mk.
Keep an eye on configure's output and maybe start from a clean tree.
(You should probably send follow-up to a more ghc-specific list).

Cheers,
  Volker
--
http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME
It's a million to one chance, but it just might work.