[Haskell] Discrete event simulation

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Mon May 30 01:52:43 EDT 2005

Hello Bruno,

Monday, May 30, 2005, 3:13:08 AM, you wrote:

BMA> I'm wondering if there is work done about discrete event simulation in
BMA> functional languages, and more specifically, Haskell DSLs.  Any pointers?

FP language Erlang was created especially to program phone exchanges
which is close to your area - but it is about dealing with real events
instead of simulating. it is better than Haskell in creating
distributed net of processes which send events to each other

on the other side, you can emulate your objects via Haskell threads
and use Chan'nels to send events between them

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com