[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: lambdabot 3.0

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Fri May 27 02:40:54 EDT 2005

naesten:
> On 26/05/05, Donald Bruce Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> > lambdabot was written by Andrew Bromage, and is now a community
> > project. lambdabot 3.0 would not have been possible without the help of
> > the #haskell irc community -- this release features more than 450
> > patches from 14 contributors.
>
> Lets not forget to mention David Roundy and his excellent darcs, which
> made it so easy to participate in development even when you were
> asleep. I don't think it would have been possible without that either.

Agreed.

darcs really helped the very loosely coupled development model we fell
into for lambdabot. Besides lowering the barrier to new developers,
darcs made my work as maintainer (and benevolent dictator) easy --
inspecting, approving and commiting patches submitted via email is a joy
in darcs: just a couple of keystrokes from my mail client.

-- Don