[Haskell] Eternal Compatibility In Theory

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Mon May 2 16:08:19 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2 May 2005, robert dockins wrote:

> Suppose I want to ask the easier question "do these two text files implement
> haskell modules which are _type_ compatable?", how would I do it?  Ie, I want
> the test to fail if I change the type of some function foo, or if I add a
> method to a class declaration etc.

A test module containing code that uses every function and has an instance
of every class would do that much. You can extend that to check various
other properties you expect to hold.

flippa at flippac.org

"My religion says so" explains your beliefs. But it doesn't explain
why I should hold them as well, let alone be restricted by them.