[Haskell] Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC survey results

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Wed Jun 29 06:32:40 EDT 2005

Jim Apple <japple at freeshell.org> writes:

> robert dockins wrote:

>>> Why remove a feature from a product? Why not, instead, just choose
>>> to not use it?

>> Because the feature complicates the product, increases maintainance
>> costs, and keeps the maintainers from working on other things people
>> care more about?

> That's fair. I just hope the implicit parameter implementation is
> orthogonal enough that it's worth keeping around.

Since there were also some hints about starting to use darcs,
perhaps it would be possible to maintain a separate branch with
the more experimental features?  Or will they be too intrusive (and
keeping the "experimental" branch in sync with developments from the
"trunk" will cause too many conflicts)?