[Haskell] problems with RegEx

Bernard Pope bjpop at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Jul 27 23:07:32 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 21:26 -0500, Srinivas Nedunuri wrote:
> hello, I'm trying to use the Text.Regex library from Hugs. However,
> Hugs doesn't recognize any of the methods in there. For example if I
> try to use the mkRegex function I get the error message "Undefined
> variable "mkRegex". I have imported Text.Regex into the module. I
> looked at the contents of the module in the HUGS library but couldnt
> make out too much. It looked basically empty although Text.Regex.Posix
> had some includes. Any help would be appreciated
>
> cheers

Text.Regex is non portable, it only works when your system has a regex
library installed, Posix I believe.
It may be the case that your system is not supported. What platform are
you using, and which version of Hugs?

It works on my machine which is ubuntu linux hoary, with hugs November
2003.

Bernie.