[Haskell] Compiling GHC on Panther using darwin ports

Chris Brown cmb21 at kent.ac.uk
Sun Feb 27 06:12:08 EST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to install GHC on Mac OS X (Panther) using Darwin Ports.
When i run

sudo port install ghc

I get the following error message shortly into the compilation:

==fptools== make boot - --no-print-directory -r;
  in
/Users/chrisbrown/darwinports/dports/lang/ghc/work/ghc-6.2.2/ghc/utils/
hasktags
/Users/chrisbrown/darwinports/dports/lang/ghc/work/ghc-bootstrap/bin/
ghc -M -optdep-f -optdep.depend  -osuf o    -H16m -O
-I/opt/local/include -L/opt/local/lib HaskTags.hs
dyld:
/Users/chrisbrown/darwinports/dports/lang/ghc/work/ghc-bootstrap/lib/
ghc-6.2.2/ghc-6.2.2 can't open library: /opt/local/lib/libdl.1.dylib
(No such file or directory, errno = 2)
make[3]: *** [depend] Trace/BPT trap
make[2]: *** [boot] Error 1
make[1]: *** [boot] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 1

I remember on Tiger this was because the portfile which tells darwin
ports what to do has a condition in it to compile the bootstrap
differently for panther or jaguar (and obviously not tiger).

Could anyone please help me to fix this compilation error?

Thanks,

Chris Brown.