[Haskell] Re: xemacs & haskell major mode

Surendra Singhi efuzzyone at netscape.net
Mon Feb 7 02:52:33 EST 2005

Stefan Monnier <monnier at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

 >>> It may be a workaround, but it's not a solution.
 >
 >> Sure, below is the stack content and everything I could get.
 >
 >> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function switch-to-haskell)
 >>    recursive-edit()
 >>    byte-code("..." [buffer-read-only noninteractive debugger-buffer
 >>    middlestart debugger-args debugger-batch-max-lines pop-to-buffer
 >>    debugger-mode debugger-setup-buffer count-lines 2 "...\n" message
 >>    buffer-string kill-emacs debug backtrace-debug 3 t
debugger-reenable ""
 >>    nil recursive-edit standard-output] 3)
 >>    debug(error (void-function switch-to-haskell))
 >
 >Hmm... that doesn't give me much of a clue.  It seems like the rest of the
 >backtrace (the interesting part) is missing.  When does this error show up
 >(i.e. what action on you part triggers it)?

When I try to start the inferior haskell buffer(By using the shortcut
C-c C-z), I get the above error.

In my init file I only have the code for importing "haskell-mode.el"
i.e., (require 'haskell-mode)
And in the code in above file only the key binding for switch-to-haskell
is there.
The inf-haskell file is nowhere loaded.

I guess, the problem might be that you are using some compiled version
of the mode, where everything gets loaded.

But I am using the ".el" files directly (I know it is inefficient, but I
don't know how to compile them) and as the inf-haskell file is not
loaded anywhere it gives the error.

I guess, you should put code to compile the ".el" files in the package
when "haskell-mode.el" is loaded for the first time and also make sure
that all the files get linked properly.

Thanks.

--
Surendra Singhi