[Haskell] Simple and Easy Persistence

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Thu Dec 8 11:15:03 EST 2005

Hello Krasimir,

KA> the stream. What I want is to have a single Binary library that is
KA> fast and that have all these features:

KA> - fast implementation
KA> - optional serialization of cyclic datastructures
KA> - optional support for bit level serialization
KA> - automatic class derivation based on TH

KA> If there are voluntiers I would like to cooperate in the development.

imho, it's better to start from NewBinary library and add features of
SerTH to it. i can make TH support. btw, where i can download
NewBinary version about you talk? there is many different variations.

one disadvantage of original Binary library as well as all its
derivatives is support only for memory- and Handle-oriented streams.
my library instead accepts any stream, you just provide functions to
read/write when create Binary object. i propose to add this facility
too, smth like:

createBinary readF writeF = return Binary {readF=readF,writeF=writeF}

createBinary4File h = createBinary (hGetChar h) (hPutChar h)

createBinary4Memory addr size = do ptr <- newIORef addr
                                   let read = do ...
                                       write = do ...
                                   createBinary read write

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com