[Haskell] Simple and Easy Persistence

Krasimir Angelov kr.angelov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 09:40:15 EST 2005

Hello Guys,

I am looking at SerTH. The serialization of cyclic datastructures is
quite useful feature but since I did some performance testing I found
that it is too slow and consumes a lot of memory. It isn't surprising,
since the cycles detection has extra overhead. I have changed the
SerTH sources and now the cycles detection is optional. Unfortunatelly
it is still about two times slower than NewBinary. In the same time
the NewBinary has the advantage that it can serialize separate bits to
the stream. What I want is to have a single Binary library that is
fast and that have all these features:

- fast implementation
- optional serialization of cyclic datastructures
- optional support for bit level serialization
- automatic class derivation based on TH

If there are voluntiers I would like to cooperate in the development.

Cheers,
  Krasimir