[Haskell] Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.2.2

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Fri Oct 15 18:44:10 EDT 2004

Hi,

For Mac OS X users, the Darwinports build of GHC has been updated
to the new version (6.2.2). It supports both Jaguar (10.2.x) and
Panther (10.3.y). Apple's gcc-3.1 is required, which is not installed
by default with the latest Xcode 1.5. (Use the "custom installation"
option of the Xcode installer to install gcc-3.1.) This restriction will
be lifted in the future.

The build is from source, using a binary bootstrap compiler (6.0.1).
It takes about five hours on an 800 MHz G4 PowerBook.

For more information on installing and using Darwinports, see
http://darwinports.opendarwin.org. Many haskell utilities (e.g.,
alex, darcs, happy, haddock, hs-plugins, hsshellscript) are available
through Darwinports.

Best Wishes,
Greg Wright

Gregory Wright