[Haskell] Haskell-mode 2.0

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Nov 26 09:30:02 EST 2004

> While playing with the new mode I discovered a small deficiency in the menu
> "Declarations" -> "Imports" (that I've never used before). The names of the
> imported modules are cut off after the first dot. Instead of
> i.e. "Data.List" only "Data" is displayed. (There may be several dots in
> a module name.)

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

>> * haskell-hugs and haskell-ghci are superceded by inf-haskell.
> I did not understand this.  The .emacs file is unchanged and contains
> the line:
> (add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook 'turn-on-haskell-hugs)
> So how is inf-haskell activated?

By removing the above line from your .emacs.
inf-haskell behaves differently (most importantly it uses compile.el rather
than cooking its own.  The upside is that you can use C-x `, the downside
is that it probably suffers from incompatibility between different versions
of compile.el (it was already very different between Emacs and XEmacs and
Emacs-CVS has yet-another-very-different version)).
So I've tried to make sure old things still work.  I recommend you try
inf-haskell and tell me what problems you encounter with it.

        Stefan