[Haskell] Real life examples

Adrian Hey ahey at iee.org
Fri Nov 26 07:47:49 EST 2004

On Friday 26 Nov 2004 11:39 am, Keean Schupke wrote:
> Adrian Hey wrote:
> >Well it can be written in Haskell, but not using a module that was
> >specifically designed to prevent this.
> Well, It can be written in Haskell as it stands at the moment...

No it can't. If I have a device driver that's accessing real hardware
(peeking and poking specific memory locations say), how are you going
to emulate that? You need to make peek and poke parameters of the

That is certainly possible, but if the author of the driver module
didn't anticipate your emulation needs, you'd be stuck I think.

Adrian Hey