[Haskell] Haskell-mode 2.0

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Nov 25 18:34:12 EST 2004

I have recently taken over maintainership of Haskell-mode, and after making
a bunch of changes, I figured it would be a good idea to make a new release.
You can find this new release at:

        http://www-perso.iro.umontreal.ca/~monnier/elisp/

If you think it should also be found at
http://www.haskell.org/haskell-mode/, then please tell John Peterson to get
back to me (my email to him seem to go straight to the bitbucket. John?).

This release has several changes that have all been only lightly tested,
especially w.r.t compatibility with various Emacsen.

See appended the NEWS file that describes some of the notewirthy changes.

        Stefan

Changes since 1.45:

* keybindings C-c <char> have been replaced by C-c C-<char> so as not
  to collide with minor modes.

* The following modules are now automatically activated without having to
  add anything to haskell-mode-hook:
  haskell-font-lock (just turn on global-font-lock-mode).
  haskell-decl-scan (just bind `imenu' to some key).

* In recent Emacsen, haskell-doc hooks into eldoc-mode.

* haskell-hugs and haskell-ghci are superceded by inf-haskell.

* Indentation rules have been improved when using layout inside parens/braces.

* Symbols like -> and \ can be displayed as actual arrows and lambdas.
  See haskell-font-lock-symbols.

* Tweaks to the font-lock settings.  Among other things paren-matching
  with things like \(x,y) should work correctly now.

* New maintainer <monnier at gnu.org>.