Top Level TWI's again was Re: [Haskell] Re: Parameterized Show

Keean Schupke k.schupke at
Tue Nov 23 04:29:26 EST 2004

Is this a joke? Seriously if you writing the OS in haskell this is trivial,
you fork a thread using forkIO at system boot to maintain the driver,
all 'processes' communicate to the thread using channels, the thread
maintains local state (an IORef, or just a peramiter used recursively)

    myDriver :: (Chan in,Chan out) -> State -> IO State
    myDriver (in,out) state = do
       -- read commands from in
       -- process commands
       -- reply on out