[Haskell] Create a List

Daan Leijen daan at cs.uu.nl
Wed Nov 17 09:03:39 EST 2004

Hi Jose,

Jose manuel Hernando Cobeña wrote:

> -hello, I need to create a list of Colors, and I like do this:
>

> list_colors <- varGet vColors
> color_red  <- checkBox p [text := "Red",  checked := False, on command
> := do aux red list_colors ]
> where
>    aux one_color list_colors =
>      if (elem one_color list_colors)
>      then do
>         varSet vColors (delete one_color list_colors)
>      else do
>         varSet vColors (red:list_colors)
>
> but the variable vColors no change and I can not create de list of colors.

You should pass the variable to the helper function -- not its value.
ie. this should work better:

colorRed <- checkBox p [text := "Red", on command := onRed red vColors]
where
   onRed color vColors
     = vColors [value :~ \colors -> if (color `elem` colors)
                                     then .. else color:colors]

I hope this helps,
  -- Daan.

ps. It is better to send wxHaskell related questions to
the wxhaskell-users at lists.sourceforge.net mailing list
instead of the Haskell list.