[Haskell] Re: About Random Integer without IO

Thomas Davie tatd2 at kent.ac.uk
Thu Nov 11 16:05:57 EST 2004

This method unfortunately depends on having a seed first though.  One
must use a different value every time the program is started, commonly
time or the first few bytes from /dev/random.  Any one of these is
going to require a monadic function to generate (i.e. it must come from
the environment in some way - it must change every time you run the
program)

So while this eliminates the IO monad from most of the program, it must
still be initiated using it.

Thanks

Tom Davie

--
Computer Science is as much about computers as astronomy is about
telescopes -- Edsgar Dijkstra