[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: HaskellDB 0.8

Anders Höckersten chucky at dtek.chalmers.se
Tue May 4 21:55:24 EDT 2004

We are pleased to announce the first beta release of our "remake" of
HaskellDB, version 0.8. HaskellDB is available for download from
http://haskelldb.sourceforge.net

HaskellDB is a Haskell library for expressing database queries and
operations in a type safe and declarative way. HaskellDB compiles a
relational algebra-like syntax into SQL, submits the operations to the
database for processing, and returns the results as ordinary Haskell values.

The original version of HaskellDB was written by Daan Leijen and is
available at http://www.haskell.org/haskellDB/. The implementation is
based on his paper which can be found at:
http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/daan/download/papers/dsec.ps

New in HaskellDB 0.8:
- Improved compatibility with Microsoft Access
- Internal restructuring of code
- DBDirect generated files are now cleaner and probably more portable
  across HaskellDB versions
- More test programs

NOTE: Due to changes in DBDirect, any files generated using the old
version of HaskellDB may have to be regenerated.

The developers can be reached at haskelldb-users at lists.sourceforge.net
or on #haskelldb at irc.freenode.net.

/ The HaskellDB development team