[Haskell] HToolkit HSQL on Windows/GHC

Clive Brettingham-Moore haskell at brettingham-moore.net
Fri Mar 26 15:26:00 EST 2004

So far no replies on Haskell-Cafe, and I noticed that a similar problem
got no responce on htoolkit-users, so here goes:

Is there a way to build the HToolkit HSQL library for GHC (6.0.1 when I
tried, 6.2.1 now) on windows (particularly MySQL/Windows XP, but I wont
say no to postgresql, ODBC & sqlite)?
I assume people have tired and [I hope] succeded, but I got lost [I think]
in the nasty place between the unix/cygwin libraries in GHC and the
Windows focus
of the compiled MySQL client library.

Since haskell is mainly a hobby for me, and I don't have a lot of free
time I haven't dug very deep, but not being able to interface my two of my
favourite constructs (functional programming and relational databases) is
getting to me.

So any takers?