[Haskell] GHC binary for Cygwin

Thomas Hafner darcs.t.hafnert at spamgourmet.org
Fri Mar 19 17:08:05 EST 2004

Are somewhere GHC binaries for Cygwin available? I tried to cross
compile from Linux, but didn't succeed.

Maybe one want to answer me: ``Why is a cygwin port needed? There's
already a great MS W port!'', but:
* darcs, that I'm interested in, is available as Haskell sources.
* For I can't use cmd.exe ...
  | CMD.EXE was started with '\\xxxxxxxxx\yyyy\zzzzzzz' as the current
  | directory path. UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows
  | directory.
  ... I would like to use rxvt/bash instead.
* darcs record hangs when running in rxvt/bash while expecting
  interactive user input.
* A person experienced in porting darcs to MS W recommended me to look
  for a pure Cygwin port of GHC.

In a ``pure'' Cygwin port all system calls should go through the
Cygwin libraries, of course.

Regards
  Thomas