[wxhaskell-users] Re: [Haskell] Announce: wxHaskell 0.6

Daan Leijen daanleijen at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 3 13:50:58 EST 2004

Dear Gour,

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:58:53 +0100, Gour <gour at mail.inet.hr> wrote:
> (Again), I have one suggestion for wxHaskell: to combine doc & src packages
> into one - wxhaskell-x-xx.

The documentation is generated from the source, so there is no need to include it.
Furthermore, the binary releases include documentation nowadays. The doc package
is just provided for those that don't have haddock or don't want to build the
documentation themselves.

> I was playing during the 0.30.4 but could not solve sandbox problem since
> wxhaskell writes into /usr/lib.

This is easily solved by giving the "--prefix" option to configure. See
the "building" page on the wxHaskell website. (wxhaskell normally installs
whereever you install wxWidgets).

>> Although having said that, I can't get wxHaskell stuff to link properly
>> on my Gentoo box at the moment, probably because my OpenGL setup is
>> rather broken.

You would only get openGL link errors if you build wxWidgets with "--with-glcanvas",
leaving out that option will drop support of the openGL canvas and link properly.
There also was a recent post on wxhaskell-users regarding openGL linking with more
recent wxWidget versions that might solve your link problems too.

Thanks for trying wxHaskell,
Sincerely,
  Daan.

ps. Let's take this discussion to "wxhaskell-users".