[Haskell] KDevelop & Haskell

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Mon Jan 26 23:22:39 EST 2004

Claus Reinke (claus.reinke at talk21.com) wrote:

> > I've 'discovered' that latest KDevelop (3.0) has some sort of support for
> > Haskell development.
>
> like what? seriously, what features would you _use_?

Didn't try yet, therefore I'm asking :-)

But I saw that haskell is in the the table of supported languages.

> > Although pretty new to Haskell, I'm looking for adequate IDE and would like
> > to hear if someone can share his/her experiences in using KDevelop (or some
> > other) IDE for Haskell development?
> > (otherwise I'm light vim user, so pls. don't recommend me to learn emacs :-)
>
> so what's wrong with vim?-)

Nothing. Just the contrary :-)

> syntax highlighting comes factory-installed, lots of the programmer's editor
> features can be adapted for Haskell (more than most IDEs, and programmable,
> just as in emacs, but who has time to read the manuals to find all the
> features these two editorides provide?

That's fine. I vim can satisfy my Haskell needs, it means jsut to dive a little
bit deeper in.

> would you believe that most Haskellers haven't
> even set up their editor properly with Hugs, because they don't know that
> would give them access to an age-old jump-to-definition feature?-),

If you say so ..

> http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/refactor-fp/
> (this is current, and should eventually include most of the former
> Vim mode, not to mentions lots of other fascinating features:)

This one is nice. Thank you.

> Cheers,
> Claus
> (who's been asking for ages that Haskell implementations provide
> standard APIs, for IDEs such as vim and emacs and other tools to hook
> into; and who is therefore happy to notice some recent and promising
> developments)

Have you (maybe) tried KDevelop with kvim?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour