[Haskell] performance tuning Data.FiniteMap

S. Alexander Jacobson alex at i2x.com
Wed Feb 25 01:31:18 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Hal Daume III wrote:
> > It seems like updates could be very fast because I
> > assume // is implemented with a fast memcpy....

> (//) is very slow

Is that inherent in Haskell (or laziness) or is it
just an artifact of the current GHC
implementation?  Would the problem be solved by
making my arrays strict or by using Unboxed
arrays?  Is there a faster array implementation
around?

-Alex-

PS I'm sorry if these are obvious beginner
questions.  I would really realy like to use
Haskell for a production web application and am
trying to work through the various issues. It is
hard to find information on these sorts of things
and the absense of field testing means you just
have to ask these questions in advance.

S. Alexander Jacobson                  mailto:me at alexjacobson.com
tel:917-770-6565                       http://alexjacobson.com