[Haskell] GHC 64bit?

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Fri Feb 13 10:20:43 EST 2004

dons at cse.unsw.edu.au (Donald Bruce Stewart) writes:

> SimonM may want to comment, but at the moment I think GHC is limited to
> 4G, but only due to lack of 64bit machines/demand on the developers.

There is an IA64 port somewhere, and I suspect other 64-bit
architectures as well.  Presumably they support >4Gb?

(I am possibly "lack of demand"; my application could really use lots
of memory, and I had access to an SGI Altix. Never got around to trying
to port GHC, and when somebody else had done it, I no longer had
access to the machine.  Oh well.)

-kzm