[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: HsUnix 1.0.1 - Haskell for Unix ShellScripting

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Tue Feb 10 13:18:14 EST 2004

Hi

> wouldn't it be nicer to have
> - mainwrapper and call combined

mainwrapper catches all the exceptions. This may not be what you want. You
end up ignoring errors again (except for the message).

> - helper fucntions defined for execp "cat" etc

Yes, this would be easy.

> i haven't downloaded your package, but the syntax as it is looks very
> verbose.  i know it's a small point, but shells have to support a compact
> syntax (or is the idea only to support "shell scripts" and not provide a
> shell? - i was assuming you'd start ghci in a window and load this module
> automatically when you open an xterm...)

HsUnix is meant for shell scripts only. I don't know if it's possible to
use it interactively in ghci. I don't think it's such a good idea to build
a Haskell based interactive shell, anyway.

Volker