Syntax extensions (was: RE: The Future of Haskell discussion at the Haskell Workshop)

Andy Moran moran@galois.com
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:06:06 -0700

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 07:22 am, Hal Daume III wrote:
> I agree with Malcolm, with the possible addition of:
>
>   keep -fglasgow-exts as it is (or, even, perhaps continue making it the
> "add all extensions keyword).  also have -fffi, -farrows, -fth, etc.
> but also have, -fnoth and -fnoffi.  that way, if a lot of us have code
> that uses all the extensions other than TH and have lots of code that
> looks like (foo$bar), we can just to -fglasgow-exts -fnoth.
>
> seems to be a win-win.

I agree; I want a catch-all flag, but I also want to flexibility to be able
to pick and choose.  Both -f<feature> and -fno<feature> is the way to go
IMHO.

Andy Moran                                         Ph. (503) 626 6616, x113
Galois Connections Inc.                                 Fax. (503) 350 0833
12725 SW Millikan Way, Suite #290                     http://www.galois.com
Beaverton, OR 97005                                        moran@galois.com