Syntax extensions (was: RE: The Future of Haskell discussion at the Haskell Workshop)

Hal Daume III hdaume@ISI.EDU
10 Sep 2003 07:22:12 -0700

I agree with Malcolm, with the possible addition of:

  keep -fglasgow-exts as it is (or, even, perhaps continue making it the
"add all extensions keyword).  also have -fffi, -farrows, -fth, etc.
but also have, -fnoth and -fnoffi.  that way, if a lot of us have code
that uses all the extensions other than TH and have lots of code that
looks like (foo$bar), we can just to -fglasgow-exts -fnoth.

seems to be a win-win.