GUI for Windows

Daan Leijen daanleijen@xs4all.nl
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:39:56 +0100

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:21:22 +0100, <Markus.Schnell@infineon.com> wrote:

> What User Interface Library would you recommend for use under Windows?

Unfortunately, there is no official GUI library for Haskell yet (but many
people are working toward this goal at the haskell gui mailing list).

At the moment, the best solution on windows (in my opionion) is to use the ObjectIO library that ships with GHC 5.04.2. You need to look at some examples to get started but it is pretty stable and useable. Unfortunately, it seems though that no one actively maintains it...
Another solution could be the HTk library but I have no experience with it.

Fortunately though, people are working on a good portable GUI solution for Haskell so I expect that over a few months the situation will be better.

All the best,
	Daan.