Debugging Arrays

Matthew Donadio m.p.donadio@ieee.org
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:40:20 -0500

Hi all,

I am having a tough time debugging an array problem, and I was wondering
if anyone had some pointers.

I am working on a complicated function that relies on a few mutually
recursive arrays (AR parameter estimation using Burg's Method).  I am
getting a runtime error, index: Index out of range, when I test out the
function.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out where the error is.
One complication is that not all of the arrays elements are defined for
the index bounds.

I have tried several simplifications to isolate the arrays, but when I
simplify too far, I run into type problems.  Is there an easy way to
trace execution?  Does anyone have any advice on how to go about
debugging this?

I am using Hugs 98, November 2002 if it matters.

Thanks.

--
Matthew Donadio (m.p.donadio@ieee.org)