Haskell for non-Haskell's sake

Hal Daume III hdaume@ISI.EDU
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:39:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi fellow Haskellers,

I'm attempting to get a sense of the topology of the Haskell
community.  Based on the Haskell Communities & Activities reports, it
seems that the large majority of people use Haskell for Haskell's sake.

If you use Haskell for a purpose *other than* one of those listed below,
I'd love to hear.  I don't need a long report, anything from a simple "I
do" to a paragraph would be fine, and if you want to remain anonymous
that's fine, too.

Purposes which I consider "Haskell for Haskell's sake" include:

  - writing Haskell compilers/interpreters
  - developing libraries for Haskell
  - writing Haskell debuggers, tracers, profilers or other tools
  - more or less anything with matches /.*Haskell.*/, other than
    /in Haskell$/   :)

Thanks,

 - Hal

--