How to get functional software engineering experience?

Andrew J Bromage andrew@bromage.org
Thu, 16 May 2002 10:12:01 +1000

G'day all.

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 12:53:30PM +0100, Claus Reinke wrote:

> Btw, I wouldn't subscribe to Andrew's opinion that "there isn't a lot of
> functional (or even declarative) software engineering experience out
> there.".

Just to clarify: I meant to emphasise the _declarative_ part rather
than the functional part.  There are plenty of LISP engineers, for
example.

However, I stand by the rest of it, as far as crude generalisations
go.  There's a lot of functional _programming_ happening, but not very
much _engineering_.  I hope everyone understands the difference.

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage