HGL under MacOS X and XDarwin

Alastair Reid alastair@reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk
11 Jul 2002 03:10:26 +0100

Sabine Timpf <timpf at geo.unizh.ch> writes:
> I want to install HGL on the Unix System underpinning MacOSX. I get
> the following error with the make command:
>
> [...]
>
> Can somebody help?

"Thomas Kirste" <kirste at acm.org> recently provided us with a fixed
copy of Hugs and a prebuilt copy of the HGL.  I have put a copy at:

  http://www.reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk/downloads/HGL.MacOSX.tgz

Those that prefer source code should replace hugs98/src/machdep.c with

  http://www.reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk/downloads/machdep.c

and replace graphics-2.0.4/lib/x11/Makefile with

  http://www.reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk/downloads/Makefile

These changes are also in the CVS repository but we're making changes
to how the foreign function interface works at the moment and, whilst
it should still work fine with the HGL, this hasn't been checked so
I'm playing safe and sending out Thomas' code exactly as he sent it.

--
Alastair Reid                 alastair@reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk
Reid Consulting (UK) Limited  http://www.reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk/alastair/

HGL.MacOSX/Readme:

HGL for MacOSX

Contents:
- Patched Versions of hugs and runhugs
  (fixing a bug that prevented the use of more
  than one DLL during a hugs session)
- HGL binary distribution for X11

Prerequisites: X11R6

Installation:

(1) Make a backup of all files you replace / delete
    during installation

(2) replace your hugs/runhugs with the patched versions

(3) Install the HGL X11 distribution (.hs and .so) in your
    hugs library folder (usually /usr/local/share/hugs/lib)

(4) start X11

(5) test installation:

        runhugs demos/HelloWorld.hs

The original HGL distribution including terms of license
(and a Makefile for building HGL binaries under MacOSX)
is included in graphics-2.0.4.tgz

Have fun!
--

Thomas Kirste, kirste@acm.org