UTF-8 library

Ashley Yakeley ashley@semantic.org
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 01:31:51 -0700

At 2002-08-10 01:21, Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk wrote:

>Perhaps we can assume some widely true facts even if ANSI C doesn't
>guarantee that if it makes life easier. For example that a C type
>corresponding to Int32 exists at all, and that different pointer
>types have the same representation - we already rely on that, don't we?

No, we have separate Ptrs and FunctionPtrs IIRC...

One of the things that really bothers me about C is the way its
unspecifiedness about types can "infect" other languages. For instance,
what exactly is a Haskell Int?

Java, at least, stands firm, but then platform-independence was one of
Java's explicit design priorities.

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA