good advanced fp (haskell) book

John Meacham john@repetae.net
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:30:07 -0700

A book which i absolutly love for learning haskell is
"An Introduction to Functional Programming Systems Using Haskell" by
A J T Davie (cambridge press)

I dont know if other peoples experiences were similar but it took me
about three tries to actually learn haskell, after which a light went on
and it suddenly made sense, i wish I had found this book at the
begininning as it would have definatly sped up the process.

BTW, is there any chance of a 2nd edition of the book? I would love to
be able to recommend it to friends but since it was written
pre-haskell98 many of the examples dont work without minor modification
('hd' -> 'head', etc...) which is fine if you already have a grasp of
the language, but quite perplexing if you are just starting out.
Plus a chapter on rank-n-polymorphism and one on multi-parameter
typeclasses would fill out the book quite nicely...

	John