good advanced fp (haskell) book

Hal Daume III hdaume@ISI.EDU
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:03:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase one (perhaps two) books for my collection.  I'm
looking for two things in particular:

  - good algorithmic reference
  - good explanation of the meat of haskell (advanced stuff)

I don't care about introductory stuff; I've written tens of thousands of
lines of Haskell code and don't want to waste my time reading what a tuple
is.

I was looking at the "Algorithms: A Purely Functional Approach" online
which, based on the contents, seems to satisfy well my first desire, but I
fear it doesn't get advanced quickly enough and am left with only a little
on advanced topics.

All the other books I looked at on the bookshelf seemed too introductory.

I'm not afraid of math (it was my undergraduate degree) and rather enjoy
theorems, but I'm also insanely practical and am interested in a book
which has a large section on *efficiency*.

I fear what I'm looking for doesn't exist, and in the absense of a book,
perhaps people could point me to good extended (perhaps journal?) papers
-- though papers tend to largely ignore the efficiency stuff and serve as
very poor references.

Thanks!

 - Hal

--