ANN: H98 FFI Addendum 1.0, Release Candidate 4
Manuel M. T. Chakravarty
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:07:56 +1000
Dear Haskell Community,
Release Candidate 4 of the Haskell 98 FFI Addendum is now
Changes since RC1 are summarised below.
Please check this version for problems. If there are no
problems reported within the coming month, I would propose
to make RC4 into the final 1.0 definition.
* 5.8: Clarified documentation for `MarshalAlloc.free'.
* 5.8: Added `MarshalAlloc.realloc'.
* 3: Added the new safety level `threadsafe' with an
explanation at the end of 3.3 (this has been prompted by
Sigbjorn Finne's addition of OS thread to GHC)
* 3: Replaced the nontermional `entity' by `impent' and
`expent' to distinguish between import and export entities
(as they are defined differently in later sections).
* 3.2: Clarified the description of foreign types; in the
previous discussion, `IO ()' was strictly speaking not
included as a valid return type.
* 4.1.5: New section discussing the traps & pitfalls of type
promotion with C bindings.
* Renamed the functions constructing `ErrorType's, as
`userError' collided with a function name in the Prelude.
* Various minor fixes