CFP: CLIMA'02 - Computational Logic in Multi-Agent Systems

João Alexandre Leite jleite@di.fct.unl.pt
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 20:15:14 +0100

[We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message.]

                  Second Call for Papers

     Computational Logic in Multi-Agent Systems (CLIMA'02)

                      Copenhagen, Denmark

                         August 1, 2002

         http://centria.di.fct.unl.pt/~jleite/clima02/

            Affiliated with FLOC'2002 and ICLP'2002

             Submission Deadline: April 30th, 2002

Multi-agent systems (MAS) have become an increasingly important
area of research, not least because of the advances in the
Internet and Robotics. However multi-agent systems can become very
complicated, and, consequently, reasoning about the behaviour of
such systems can become extremely difficult. Therefore, it is
important to be able to formalise multi-agent systems and, to do
so in such a way that allows automated reasoning about agents'
behaviour. The purpose of this workshop is to present techniques,
based on computational logic (CL), for multi-agent systems in a
formal way.

In 1999, the ICLP'99 Workshop on Multi-Agent Systems in Logic
Programming was held and constituted the first in this series. It
was followed by CLIMA'00 at CL2000 and CLIMA'01 at ICLP'01. In
2000, we announced a special issue of the Annals of Math and AI
and we especially invited all accepted papers of CLIMA'00 for
submission to this issue. We got over 20 submissions and the issue
will appear early in 2002. We are planning to continue this series
of workshops in the following years in order to foster interaction
between the multi-agent and the computational logic communities.

We solicit unpublished papers that address formal approaches to
multi-agent systems. The approaches as well as being formal must
make a significant contribution to the practice of multi-agent
systems. Relevant techniques include the following:

* Non-monotonic reasoning in multi-agent systems
* Planning under incomplete information in multi-agent systems
* Usage of abduction in multi-agent systems
* Representation of knowledge and belief in multi-agent systems
* Temporal reasoning for multi-agent systems
* Theory of argumentation for multi-agent negotiation and
co-operation
* Communication languages for multi-agent systems
* Distributed constraint satisfaction in multi-agent systems
* Decision theory for multi-agents
* Distributed theorem proving for multi-agent systems

------------------------------
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
------------------------------
Papers should be written in English, unpublished, and not
simultaneously submitted for publication elsewhere. Papers should
be formatted according to the Springer LNCS style and not exceed
12 pages including figures, references, etc. Please send your
paper in PostScript (PS) or Portable Document Format (PDF) file
format to jleite@di.fct.unl.pt.

------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES
------------------------------
* Submission: April 30th, 2002
* Notification of Acceptance: May 31st, 2002
* Final version due: June 20th, 2002
* CLIMA'02: August 1st, 2002

------------------------------
PROCEEDINGS
------------------------------
Informal workshop proceedings will be available.
As in 2000, we are planning to have a special issue of the Annals
of Math and AI on "Computational Logic and Multi-Agency". Authors
of the best CLIMA'02 papers will be invited to submit extended
drafts for the special issue as a part of the volume. Further
details can be found at http://centria.di.fct.unl.pt/~jleite/amai03/.

------------------------------
PROGRAM COMMITTEE
------------------------------
* Thomas Eiter, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
* Klaus Fischer, DFKI, Germany
* Michael Fisher, University of Liverpool, UK
* James Harland, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia
* Wiebe van der Hoek, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
* Katsumi Inoue, Kobe University, Japan
* Luís Moniz Pereira, New University of Lisbon, Portugal
* V.S. Subrahmanian, University of Maryland, USA
* Francesca Toni, Imperial College, UK
* Paolo Torroni, University of Bologna, Italy

------------------------------
WORKSHOP ORGANIZERS:
------------------------------
* Jürgen Dix
The University of Manchester
UK
dix@cs.man.ac.uk

* João Alexandre Leite
New University of Lisbon
Portugal
jleite@di.fct.unl.pt

* Ken Satoh
National Institute of Informatics,
Japan
ksatoh@nii.ac.jp

INQUIRIES:
Please send program suggestions and inquires to either of the
organizers.