The future of Haskell discussion

S. Alexander Jacobson alex@shop.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:44:16 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

If the GUI is based on the IO monad, then it doesn't seem like there is
a lot of advantage  to doing it in Haskell.  It seems like a better
idea to use a more natural language for IO and make RPC/interproc calls
to a haskell server to get stuff done.

In other words, what is the value of the GTK+ haskell interface?
Shouldn't more effort be put into getting Fruit production quality and/or
figuring out how to use arrows to manage textual and network IO?

-Alex-

S. Alexander Jacobson                   Shop.Com
1-646-638-2300 voice                    The Easiest Way To Shop (sm)