Deriving ..?

Ken Shan ken@digitas.harvard.edu
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 21:26:21 -0400

--EuxKj2iCbKjpUGkD

On 2001-09-09T20:05:03-0500, Amit Garg wrote:
> Im curious to know how the `deriving' keyword has been implemented, and
> more so as to how it may be extended for any user defined type class w/o
> resorting to an external program like DriFt.

Check out

    Ralf Hinze and Simon Peyton Jones. Derivable type classes. In
    Graham Hutton, editor, Proceedings of the 2000 Haskell Workshop.
    Technical Report NOTTCS-TR-00-1, School of Computer Science and
    Information Technology, University of Nottingham, 2000.

http://www.research.microsoft.com/users/simonpj/Papers/derive.htm

--=20
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig
Esperanto, the language of activists!  What do IMF protesters in Prague,
the founder of the Green Party in Ireland, the SAT international labor
organization, and anarchists across Europe have in common?  They all use
the international language Esperanto!  http://www.esperanto.net

--EuxKj2iCbKjpUGkD

--EuxKj2iCbKjpUGkD--