haskell98: Directory.getDirectoryContents

Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:00:16 -0700

Prompted by a suggestion from Sigbjorn, I propose to clarify=20
the description of Directory.getDirectoryContents.   Current

"Computation getDirectoryContents dir returns a list of all entries in
dir."

I propose to add:=20

"Each entry in the returned list is named relative to the directory dir,
not as an absolute path."

Any objections?

Simon

|=20
|=20
| Hi,
|=20
| not a big one, but it may be worth clarifying the behaviour=20
| of the above function, i.e., are the elements of the result=20
| list prefixed with the directory or not?
|=20
| GHC and Hugs (and I suspect the other two) do not prefix the=20
| directory, which I think is as it should be, but the report=20
| isn't clear about what the user can expect here.
|=20
| --sigbjorn
|=20
|=20