Functional Metapost maintained?

Ferenc Wagner wferi@afavant.elte.hu
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 16:52:00 +0100

Dylan Thurston <dpt@math.harvard.edu> writes:

> This version still seems to expect an old version of ghc,
> since it uses fromInt (and expects it to be a member of
> Num), and deals with imports strangely; e.g., clients
> evidently expect 'FMPMpsyntax' to export 'Tension', which
> it doesn't, since it didn't import it from 'FMPPicture'.
> Is there a more recent version that at least compiles with
> ghc5?  (I could fix these errors easily, but don't want to
> duplicate work.)

Yesterday evening I finally managed to make a patched
version produce all the figures in the package's Tutorial.ps
file (using Feb2001 Hugs.)  I'm in the process of putting it
on the Web, it will be ready this evening.  BTW, I didn't
notice import problems.  They may be specific to GHC...  I
have got 5.02-1 now, I'll check later.  Isn't Hugs enough for
you for a while?

                                          Feri.