using haskell as a shell language

D. Tweed tweed@compsci.bristol.ac.uk
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 02:46:54 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Juan Carlos Arevalo-Baeza wrote:

>correct executable path. The only problem I'm aware of is that the first
>line (the #! line) might be included in the input piped into the
> program, which means that you'll have to run it through a filter.

according to http://www.uni-ulm.de/~s_smasch/various/shebang/
the input isn't piped but rather the name of the file is passed. In
addition to ensuring the run program doesn't misinterpret the #! line the
current directory is also kept where it is even if the script is being
invoked by ../../script.hs (for example) so you either need to somehow
pass include path arguments or have all your imports being absolute paths.

HTH,

www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~tweed/pi.htm |tweed's law:  however many computers
email: tweed@cs.bris.ac.uk      |   you have, half your time is spent
work tel: (0117) 954-5250       |   waiting for compilations to finish.