using haskell as a shell language

Juan Carlos Arevalo-Baeza jcab@roningames.com
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 17:32:34 -0800

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001 00:48:12 GMT, Hal Daume wrote:

>and whatnot. =A0i'd like to be able to write something like:
>
>#!/usr/local/ghc/bin/ghc
>main =3D do putStrLn "foo"
>

>and whatnot, even if I have to explicitely say something like:
>
>#!/usr/local/ghc/bin/ghc
>module Main(main) where
>main =3D do putStrLn "foo"

   I guess you want to run ghci or hugs, not ghc.

   You should be able to implement this easily. I'm not running=
 UNIX/Linux here, so I can't test it, but this should work fine=
 just by specifying the correct executable path. The only problem=
 I'm aware of is that the first line (the #! line) might be=
 included in the input piped into the program, which means that=
 you'll have to run it through a filter. But that filter should=
 be very easy to make using awk or something like that. You could=
 even make it in Haskell, if you want, and you could make it=
 prepend the "module" header, too, for convenience.

   Salutaciones,
                        JCAB
email: jcab@roningames.com
ICQ: 101728263