URGENT: File exists

Tim Barbour trb@eastpac.com.au
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:07:45 +1100 (EST)

bracaman@box.sk writes:
 > I am trying to emulate bash in haskell, and i got a function called shell
 > that waits fot the command and then executes it. The problem is that if the
 > file does not exist, the program returns to Main (it gets out of the
 > shell). The only thing i want to do is to return to the shell after an
 > IOError.
 >
 > How can i perform such a thing?

See the documentation at:

http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/set/sec-exception.html

particularly the example:

    catch (openFile f ReadMode)
         (\e -> hPutStr stderr ("Couldn't open "++f++": " ++ show e))

If GHCi could load the Posix module, that would make a very interesting shell,
but GHCi does not seem to have such ability yet.

Tim
 safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin