Question concerning ftp and GHC binaries for HP-UX

Bark Fook sambat_101@yahoo.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 04:46:44 -0800 (PST)

> Message: 1
> From: "ADAMS,RICHARD (Non-HP-Roseville,ex1)"
> <richard_adams@non.hp.com>
> To: "'haskell@haskell.org'" <haskell@haskell.org>
> Subject: Question concerning ftp and GHC binaries
> for HP-UX
> Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:24:15 -0700
>
> I would like to download the GHC binaries to our HP
> 9000 machine (HP-UX
> 11.0), but have access only to ftp (i.e., no Web
> browser is available).
> Does anyone know what ftp address to use?  Also,
> does anyone know whether
> the GHC binaries for the HP-UX operating system will
> work on HP-UX 11.0?
>
> I am not sure whether it is relevant, but I use
> Reflection terminal
> emulation to telnet from my PC to the HP 9000
> machine.  Truly 'hi-tech' :) .
>
> Thank you.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Richard E. Adams
> Softmatrix, Inc.
> Roseville, CA
> Email: richard_adams@non.hp.com

  I encountered the same problem of downloading with
ftp. However, even if you succeeded in downloading, I
guess it would not work as we wish:(. The system I use
is HP-UX 11.00 (64-bit) HPPA 2.0. And I downloaded the
version 4.08.2 for hppa1.1-hp-hpux with HTTP. It ran
(without explicit errors) and output sth when input
sth.hs. However, each time when I ran the sth, I got
core dump. I tried to recompile the compiler (or even
Happy), of course, failed with the same symptom (or
unHappy). If I know anyone has successfully run GHC
without incurring core dumps in HP-UX 11.00 (64-bit),
I'll be very happy if Happy works too:). If I have
enough time, I wish I could port it to HP-UX 11.00
(64-bit). I'm very glad to know if there exists
somebody who will aid me or play together with me over
64-bit ghc for 64-bit HPUXes. Should I attack the
problem from HBC or nhc98?

One more bad news, SMLNJ works on HP-UX 10.20, not on
HP-UX 11.00, either:-(. I've tried and failed too.

One more good news, Hugs98-Feb2001 does work in HP-UX
11.00 (64-bit). I swear, where only very few tweaks
are needed. But I guess it's running in 32-bit
mode:-).

The last kisstion: Can I build ghc from Hugs, my god?