Haskell on Mac OS X release?

Johan Nordlander nordland@cse.ogi.edu
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 12:10:03 +0200

Hi Howard,

As you've probably experienced, compiling Hugs under MacOS X is
failry straightforward, and the current CVS version of Hugs
actually compiles right out of the box.  To download a copy, go
to cvs.haskell.org and follow the instructions.  The next
official Hugs release (which is slightly delayed but still due
this summer) will of course support MacOS X as well.

However, only the standard text-based interface is supported,
and no graphics libraries have yet been ported to MacOS X as far
as I know.  A more advanced GUI similar to the WinHugs interface
would of course be neat, but in my mind a port of Alastair
Reid's Graphics Library library would be much more valuable.  So
if you'd like to have a go with such an effort, it would be much
appreciated.  Please contact me or Alastair Reid
<reid@cs.utah.edu> if you'd like to discuss this in more detail.

Thanks for your interest!

All the best,
Johan