Haskell PhD Scholarship

Phil Trinder trinder@cee.hw.ac.uk
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:58:11 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Are you planning to do a PhD and interested in parallel or distributed versions
of Haskell? There's a PhD scholarship available at Heriot-Watt University,
Edinburgh, Scotland. To win the scholarship you'll need to have, or get, a
first-class degree and have excellent references.

The group at Heriot-Watt have implemented and used parallel versions of Haskell
and ML, and a distributed Haskell. We're part of a vibrant functional
programming community in the central belt of Scotland. More information on who
we are and what we do is available at

If you're interested in applying for the scholarship please contact me.

Phil Trinder
Department of Computing and Electrical Engineering
Heriot Watt University
Edinburgh, EH14 4AS

E-mail: trinder@cee.hw.ac.uk
Teleph: +44 (0)131 451 3435