AW: What does "Compiled code too complex" error message of Hugs m ean?

Laaser Christian Christian.Laaser@icn.siemens.de
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:35:59 +0100

I never built Hugs on Windows before :-( ...=20
and a trial to do so with cygwin/gcc was unsuccessful.=20
Have you got a precompiled binary for Win (hugs.exe) with these =
settings,=20
which you could send me / I could download from somewhere?
=20
 Christian

> -----Urspr> =FCngliche Nachricht-----
> Von:	Jan Kort [SMTP:kort@wins.uva.nl]
> Gesendet am:	Mittwoch, 31. Januar 2001 13:34
> An:	Laaser Christian
> Cc:	'haskell@haskell.org'
> Betreff:	Re: What does "Compiled code too complex" error message of =
Hugs mean?
>=20
> Laaser Christian wrote:
> >=20
> > When loading some Haskell files with Hugs, I get the error message =
"Compiled code too complex". However, the compilation with GHC 4.08.1 =
succeeds.
> > What does this message mean? What can I do about it?
> >=20
>=20
> You can grep for that sentence in "hugs98/src", it will point to the
> file "machine.c". There you will see it says "if =
(nextLab>=3DNUM_FIXUPS) ...".