We need "Documentation"

Shae Erisson shae@www.webwitches.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:42:45 +0200 (EET)

From: Tony Davie <ad@dcs.st-and.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: We need "Documentation" (Was: Re: Integer to String Conversion?)
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:38:49 +0000

> >The material we have is simply lacking. What we need is a good tutorial and a
> >comprehensive reference book.

> I suggest you look at http://www.haskell.org/bookshelf/, specifically
> the section on
> Papers available on the Web. This gives numerous tutorials and introductions.

I agree with Eray, I tried to learn Haskell without any printed material, and failed.
Once I had the Simon Thompson's "Craft of.." I was doing fine.

I have an irc friend who would also like to learn Haskell, and who is blind.
He uses a braille reader in the Linux console, but the electronically available Haskell documentation just isn't sufficient.

I taught myself Python in about two weeks with the online Python tutorial, I think something similar for Haskell would greatly increase the number of Haskell users.
----
Shae Matijs Erisson - http://www.webwitches.com/~shae/
Rabid Linux/XEmacs User - MSOffice documents will be returned as LaTeX